Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Childhood Project: Ten


Drawing: Me Idea: Me Writing: Me



A girl age ten, looking in the mirror, 
realizing that if they didn't hear it, everything would be fine.
Life would continue its course and none of this would happen.
''Im just a faker'',she tells herself. 
Nothing of this is real. Nothing of this has to be real.

She speak softly, ''they don't need to hear it''. 
She prays sweetly, ''please, don't make me say it''. 
I'll forget, as years go by, 
and everything will be fine.

Im too weak to speak.
My voice is too soft.
They won't believe me.
They never do when i talk.

Im only ten,
my problems are not valid.
They're not real,
because im only ten.

I know nothing,
because im only ten.
I should listen to him,
because im only ten.

Im only ten! 
So many good things yet to come
 Im just a faker right? 
So nothing of this is real. 









~Mariann~                                               Thanks for stopping by! :)


2 comments:

  1. Copy/ paste of my own inner voice as a child. It doesn't just go away when you grow older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never does, indeed, but we learn to live through it. xx

      Delete